Really wanted some fried rice but didn’t want to use a cheat meal or waste some left over grilled chicken, so I came up with this. This is my first time making this recipe and after everyone getting seconds, I will definitely be fine tuning it in the future.
What I used:
- 1 pound of cooked Chicken Breast
- 2 heads of cauliflower (about 7 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped Carrots
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Bell Pepper
- 2-3 Zucchinis
- 3 teaspoons of Water
- Green onions
- Fish Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Chop all the veggies and chicken. I chopped the bell peppers and carrots into small pieces and the zucchini into larger pieces.
- Crack your eggs into a small bowl and add three teaspoons of water. Mix and scramble. In a large pot on medium heat (or wok if you have one), add some olive oil. Once your pot is hot, pour in your egg mixture and leave egg flat and let cook for about 2 mins, you may have to push the sides in so all the egg can cook. Remove the cooked egg from the pot/wok and cut into pieces.
- Add more oil to your pot/wok and once hot, add your chopped carrots and bell peppers. Mix well. (I put the top on my pot to help them soften a little faster.)
- Once the veggies have begun to soften, add the cauliflower.
- Season with pepper and add a few dashes of fish sauce. Don’t add too much fish sauce, this stuff can get stinky… you’ve been warned. Stir well. Feel free to add the stop back to your pot when not stirring.
- Add the cooked & chopped chicken to your pot and stir again.
- Lastly, turn off your heat and mix in your green onions and zucchini. The remaining heat will cook the zucchini. (I didn’t want to over cook it.)
Note: Chicken was previously grilled and seasoned with garlic powder, pepper, oregano and sea salt.