This was inspired after my first trip to the Tacoma Farmers Market on Broadway. The first time I made these, they were good but I wanted more shrimp in them so I had to revise the recipe a bit. I LOVE salmon cakes and these were just delicious! Be sure to play around with different measurements of seafood to meet your tastebuds needs.
What I Used:
- ~12oz of Wild Salmon (canned)
- ~8oz of Crab, cocktail
- ~8oz of Shrimp, small cocktail
- coconut oil or ghee for cooking
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp of Paleo Mayo
- 1/2 tbsp of mustard
- 3 green onions, chopped
- crushed pepper (optional)
What I Did:
- Drain the canned salmon and add to a mixing bowl.
- Roughly chop crab into smaller pieces and add to your mixing bowl.
- Add the shrimp into bowl. If you do not use small cocktail shrimp, chop the shrimp into smaller pieces as well. If you can not find small cocktail shrimp, cooked some before adding it to the bowl. I’ve seen some at my nearby Costco.
- Beat eggs in a separate bowl, and then toss into mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients except salt and pepper.
- Using a large skillet, warm about a tablespoon of oil on medium to medium low.
- While your oil is heating up, mix all the ingredients in your mixing bowl together. This is where using your hands works better than a spoon.
- Your oil should be ready! Still using your hands, make patties smaller than palm size and place them into the oil.
- Flip to cook on both sides. Each side should have a light brown color.
You may have to add more oil for each batch you cook, but make sure to only add a little at a time or the cakes will come out really greasy. I’ve also used this recipe (only making larger patties) to make Seafood Burgers. You can use lettuce or portobello mushrooms for buns to keep it paleo.