My daughter requested sweet and sour chicken for dinner, so I searched the internet for something quick and easy! I either couldn’t find anything quick or I didn’t have any of the items around the house, but I did find one that looked official and tasty here. So I looked around the kitchen and came up this this quick and easy recipe.
What I Used:
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melted my ghee using medium-high heat.
- Added the chicken pieces to the skillet and cook. Season with a little salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the juice and pulp from one (1) large lemon and your honey.
- Once your chicken is cooked thoroughly, use an internal thermometer if needed, add your honey and lemon.
And that’s it! If you have more time check out the recipe linked above, it is for a more crunchy sweet and sour chicken. If you are doing the whole30 and want to stay away from the honey, check out this version from Stupid Easy Paleo. Enjoy!
Really wanted some fried rice but didn’t want to use a cheat meal or waste some left over grilled chicken, so I came up with this. This is my first time making this recipe and after everyone getting seconds, I will definitely be fine tuning it in the future.
What I used:
- 1 pound of cooked Chicken Breast
- 2 heads of cauliflower (about 7 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped Carrots
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Bell Pepper
- 2-3 Zucchinis
- 3 teaspoons of Water
- Green onions
- Fish Sauce
- Olive Oil
- Chop all the veggies and chicken. I chopped the bell peppers and carrots into small pieces and the zucchini into larger pieces.
- Crack your eggs into a small bowl and add three teaspoons of water. Mix and scramble. In a large pot on medium heat (or wok if you have one), add some olive oil. Once your pot is hot, pour in your egg mixture and leave egg flat and let cook for about 2 mins, you may have to push the sides in so all the egg can cook. Remove the cooked egg from the pot/wok and cut into pieces.
- Add more oil to your pot/wok and once hot, add your chopped carrots and bell peppers. Mix well. (I put the top on my pot to help them soften a little faster.)
- Once the veggies have begun to soften, add the cauliflower.
- Season with pepper and add a few dashes of fish sauce. Don’t add too much fish sauce, this stuff can get stinky… you’ve been warned. Stir well. Feel free to add the stop back to your pot when not stirring.
- Add the cooked & chopped chicken to your pot and stir again.
- Lastly, turn off your heat and mix in your green onions and zucchini. The remaining heat will cook the zucchini. (I didn’t want to over cook it.)
Note: Chicken was previously grilled and seasoned with garlic powder, pepper, oregano and sea salt.
I’ve been working on my meal prepping when I came up on this little number I had for breakfast (but it could easily become a lunch option).
What I Used:
- Left over chicken breast from the night before (which I chopped into smaller pieces)
- Left over broccoli
- 1 egg
- chopped onions
I placed the chopped onions in a pan/skillet with a little bit of olive oil and seasoned with pepper. I then added my left overs to heat them up a bit. Once I felt everything was good to go, I added the egg and scrambled and mixed everything up. After the egg was cooked, I removed from the heat. As a side, a full apple and almonds were added. This was one of my paleo/zone (zoleo) meals for the day.